- Remember the race isn't over till the finish!
- Don't jam the boat (pinching, over sheeting) keep calm.
- Sail the shifts (don't get out of synch).
- Is the committee boat putting out a wind shadow? (take care if it's
a large launch or yacht).
- The finishing line can be biased just as much as a start line.
- Decide on the favoured end while sailing downwind.
- Try to push your opposition to the unfavoured end of the finish line.
- If in front: cover, stay between the competition and the mark. Cover
hard if necessary.
- If behind, make those in front work for their place. Don't just follow
them and hope something happens take a risk it may come off but even
if it doesn't what have you lost.
Sail a Race
Prev | Home
- America's Cup
- Contact Info
§ © 1997-2021 The Boating Info Centre All Rights Reserved Privacy Statement §