- Golden Rules
- Avoid being blanketed.
- Avoid the hopeless position.
- Avoid being lee - bowed.
- Start near the forward (upwind) end of the start line.
- Ignore the position of the windward mark when deciding where to start
(provided the first leg is a beat).
- Keep in the front rank before the start.
- Take a transit so you know when you are on the line.
- Keep between your opponent and the next mark.
- Off wind, keep your wind clear and try to sail straight for the next
Tactics & Strategy Series
Home | Next
- America's Cup
- Contact Info
§ © 1997-2017 The Boating Info Centre All Rights Reserved Privacy Statement §